The first thing that many of us think about when we are experiencing back pain is that it may be time for a visit to the chiropractor for an adjustment. A chiropractic adjustment can do wonders for the back, but there are also a lot of other benefits.
- Reduction in Inflammation. Tension, pain, and joint issues are often the result of inflammation. Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce inflammation and offer relief to the lower back and also reduce muscle tension and joint pain.
- Headache Relief. Migraine and tension headaches can result when the back is misaligned due to muscle tension and pain. Chiropractic adjustments can provide relief for both types of pain.
- Vertigo. After a head or neck injury, dizziness and vertigo are common symptoms that lead to nausea, disorientation, and difficulty in doing everyday tasks. A chiropractic adjustment can help realign joints and vertebrae in order to reduce vertigo episodes.
- Sciatica. This condition refers to pain that radiates from your lower back into your legs because of damage to or pressure on the sciatic nerve. A chiropractic adjustment can help relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve and reduce the severity of pain.
- Scoliosis. This condition is caused by an abnormal curvature of the spine and can result in pain, a reduction in range of motion and abnormal posture. A chiropractic adjustment combined with physical therapy could help treat and prevent the progression of scoliosis.
- Blood Pressure. In some cases, chiropractic adjustments can have a similar result in improving blood pressure as blood pressure maintenance medicines.
If you are suffering from any of these conditions, a chiropractic adjustment could bring relief. Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at Mapleview Chiropractic Centre for more information or to schedule an appointment.