If you are suffering from pain in your feet, legs or back, you may be thinking that it is just a symptom of getting older and that nothing can be done to improve your situation. The truth is that there are a number of things that can cause that type of pain, including poor footwear, the way you walk, and misalignments in your body that affect your ability to move properly. Believe it or not, custom orthotics, which are specifically fitted to your feet, can offer immediate relief. While there are many reasons why you should wear custom orthotics, the following five are the most typical.
- Foot or Back Pain. Foot pain is the most common reason people make an appointment to see a podiatrist about orthotics. However, foot pain is often a symptom of other conditions. Custom orthotics can reduce back pain by improving your posture.
- Fallen Arches. While a custom orthotic won’t correct a fallen arch, it does provide support to your foot and can help decrease your chances of developing plantar fasciitis, bunions, osteoarthritis, or other conditions.
- Fewer Injuries for Diabetics. Because people with diabetes often suffer from numbness and poor circulation, foot injuries are common. Custom orthotics help to keep your feet aligned properly to reduce the chance of injury as well as reducing chafing and allowing diabetic foot ulcers to heal by reducing the pressure.
- Bursitis or Tendonitis. Orthotics can help support the tissue when you stand or walk, although the treatment for these conditions is often more extensive and includes physical therapy, stretches, and exercises.
- Standing. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, custom orthotics can help provide support to all of the joints in your body and help reduce pain.
If you think that you could benefit from a pair of custom orthotics, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at Mapleview Chiropractic Centre today!